The Seattle Study Club is a world-renowned collection of dentists and doctors interested in continuing to learn and improve their skills. There are more than 250 chapters of the club around the world.
What is digital scanning?
It’s been over 5 years since Dr. Catt invested in a high-tech Itero digital scanner for his practice here in Medford. It’s an amazing tool that:
- Eliminates the need for goopy and uncomfortable impressions
- Creates incredibly-accurate designs for Invisalign aligners and other treatments where a custom and precise fit is needed
- Creates high-def 3D images that allow you (and Dr. Catt) to visualize the health of your mouth)
See for yourself! Ask Dr. Catt about the Itero digital scanning system at your next appointment. Call (541)772-8846 today to learn more.
Recently our very own Dr. James Catt was asked to provide his best tips for other dentists looking to get the most out of their Itero digital scanners. The video above is a little technical, but here are the highlights of what he had to say.
Investing in a digital scanner is like buying a Formula 1 race car. The racecar doesn’t immediately make anyone a better driver and the digital scanner doesn’t immediately make anyone a better dentist. It all comes down to technique, experience, training, and skill.
How can other dentists get the same results Dr. Catt does with his Itero digital scanner?
- Have an experienced and trained team. When an assistant can make the scanner a seamless part of a dentist’s workflow, the difference will show in the end result.
- Work with a trustworthy laboratory. Great dental labs are able to manipulate the files created by the scanner and produce the best possible results.
- If a dentist can’t see it, they can’t scan it. Using a loupe with an external light source can help a dentist (and the scanner) visualize everything.
- Use a DryShield or similar device. The DryShield creates a clean and clear field of view, freeing up a dentist’s hands to make the scanning more effective and more accurate.
Dr. Catt graduated from Oregon Health Science University (OHSU) in 1997 and through his personalized and high-tech approach, has since become one of the most trusted dentists in the Rogue Valley. Dr. Catt is a member and past president of the Oregon Dental Association and is involved in the American Dental Association and Southern Oregon Dental Society. He’s also received recognition from the American College of Dentists and the International College of Dentists for his exceptional professional achievements, exemplary service, and dedication to the continued progress of dentistry.