TMJ Treatment in Medford, OR
Stop Jaw Tightness, Clicking, and Pain.
What is TMJ?
Your TMJ, or temporomandibular joint, connects your cheekbones to your jaw. You have this joint on either side of your jaw. This joint allows you to open and close your mouth, contributing to your ability to speak and chew normally.
When these joints are working properly, you won’t even notice it. However, these jaw joints can deteriorate, leading to a disorder with painful and annoying symptoms.
TMJ disorder is often the result of a misaligned bite, missing teeth, jaw clenching, or teeth grinding. Whatever the cause, we can help. Dr. Catt is the Rogue Valley’s trusted source for relieving TMJ pain.
Are you experiencing any of the following painful and annoying symptoms?
- Jaw joint pain or locking
- Clicking sound in your jaw
- Teeth grinding (bruxism) or clenching
- Chronic headaches and migraines
- Discomfort while chewing or biting
- A deep aching sensation in your face and jaw
You may be dealing with a TMJ disorder. Contact us to discuss your options.
TMJ Disorder Treatment Options
Dr. Catt offers a variety of TMJ treatments to fit your needs:
- Botox®— Botox® treatment s the most commonly recommended TMJ treatment. It works by relaxing your jaw muscles, eliminating tension in your mouth, and preventing grinding and clenching.
- Night guards — Custom-made night guards are worn like a retainer to relax your jaw and prevent clenching.
- Invisalign — If your bite is the cause of your jaw pain, Dr. Catt may recommend Invisalign to fix your jaw alignment.
- Physical therapist referral — If necessary, Dr. Catt will coordinate treatment with other specialists, including ENTs and physical therapists.
- Home exercises — Specific jaw exercises combined with diet and lifestyle changes can be helpful in relieving pain.
What to Expect from a TMJ Treatment
1. Talk with us about your dental history, including location, onset, and timing of your pain. X-rays may also be taken.
2. Dr. Catt will perform a gentle jaw joint evaluation, including range of motion tests, facial muscle exam, and joint palpation.
3. We’ll explain our observations and discuss treatment options, answering all your questions and deciding on a treatment plan.
4. We’ll share some dentist-recommended at-home joint exercises to help ease your irritated jaw.
About Dr. Catt
With a commitment to personalized service and advanced dentistry, Dr. Catt’s is proud to help people of all ages improve their dental health.
Using the latest equipment and techniques, you can trust Dr. Catt to provide the highest-quality care in Medford.
If you’ve been suffering from jaw pain and haven’t been able to find a solution, contact us. Dr. Catt offers second opinions and can help relieve jaw joint pain.
“Dr. Catt and his staff are wonderful! They are professional and kind and they go above and beyond in making their patients comfortable. You can tell they really care about their patients. I highly recommend!”
– Cathy B.
Our Rogue Valley Office
Mon – Thurs: 8AM – 5PM
Fri: By appointment only
Sat – Sun: Closed
Dr. Catt is Welcoming New Patients By Referral
Call (541) 772-8846 to schedule a Botox® consultation. We look forward to meeting you.